Sunday 5 May 2013

Peacock Needle Dragging Marble Nail Art - swatches

For this Nail Art Sunday I'll show you a manicure inspired by peacock feathers :)
The technique for achieving this look is called needle dragging marble technique and I was introduced to it by the bellissima Natalia at Polished Polyglot.

This is an easier option if you, like me, think water marbling is difficult and/or messy. Despite the bad cleaning job ;) I'm very pleased how this mani turned out! I'm already planning more color combinations with this technique. :D

I also did a version with a holo top coat :)
I used the following polishes: (from left to right)
Catrice Planet Tokyo
Color Club Pure Energy
Sinful Colors Endless Blue
Nubar Peacock Feathers

You also need a needle or a dotting tool to do the stripes with.

Apply a base coat and add the colors (work on one nail at the time).
Drag the lines with a needle or dotting tool cleaning the tip after every drag.
Work fast before the polish dries. Add a top coat. Done! :)

How do you like my peacock nails?
Which version did you like best - with or without the holo top coat?
If you'd like a tutorial just let me know! :)

34 comments:

  1. Wow! This is amazing! I love the color combination and the effect you achieved by dragging a needle through the polish is super cool. And of course you can't go wrong with a holo top coat haha

    I'm too scared to try water marbling... seems to messy. So maybe I'll try this soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Try this if you, like me, don't like water marbling!
      It's a little messy but far from the mess you get from water marbling ;)

      Delete
  2. Cool grej! Ser väldigt tidsödande ut (vilket alltid är lite extra imponerande :) )

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Det är bra att det ser tidsödande ut ;) fast det var det inte ;)
      Jo, lite i början innan jag kom på hur jag skulle göra ;)

      Delete
  3. I love this! I managed to achieve it one before and it looked like a funky tie dye pattern but the next time it was an epic fail. Haven't tried since xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The result is very dependent on which polishes you use and how thick coats you use. For best result use one coat polishes and do thin coats.

      Delete
  4. Åh! Det här var jättesnyggt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, såååå snyggt! Du är såååå duktig! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jättesnyggt! Jag gillar verkligen färgkombinationen.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Riktigt häftigt. Det här har jag inte sett förr!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Kul att jag kunde visa dig något helt nytt! :)

      Delete
  8. Så snyggt!!! Man kan ju verkligen se påfågelsfjädrarna tack vare både färgerna och den spännande tekniken. Gillar det väldigt mycket med holoeffekten över också.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Det blev snyggt med holo på, jag håller med! :)

      Delete
  9. Väldigt läckert, gillade den med hololacket på toppen bäst. Gav den där extra påfågelskänslan:)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Goooorgeous! Jezz you totally wowed me, the colours you chose are perfect together, and I prefer the version with holo topping! Which topcoat did you use?
    bacioni, xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Grazie mille Nati! :D I couldn't have done it without you! You inspired me!
      The top coat is my favorite - INM Northen Lights Silver Holo Top Coat. You can get it from Transdesign for instance. Baci cara! xx

      Delete
  11. Wow första gången jag ser needle dragging =) det blev hur snyggt som helst!! Du lyckas alltid med färg kombon :D Så nu vill jag se mer kombinationer av nail dragging! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Funderar på en variant med neoner! Vad tror du? :D
      xoxo

      Delete
    2. Omg neoner!!! :D jag vill se! Jag vill se nuuuu

      Delete
  12. This is gorgeous! I love the colours you used and the final effect is fantastic! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is really pretty. I like the holo top coat. Yes, I would love s tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'll try and put together a tutorial some time soon!

      Delete

Feel free to leave a comment but please be respectful :) Questions will be answered here as soon as possible. Spam will automatically not be published and/or deleted. Thank you for reading!